How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A year we have been harassed by our neighbour., we

This answer was rated:

For over a year we have been harassed by our neighbour., we have taken all the proper measures from police to council and even got a solisctor for a meeting. We just found out nothing has been done because the harasser is friends if not related to council housing person. We have suffered greatly and still do. They just installed some sonic sound system.
Do we have any case here?? If we move I will have to pull my child from private school and I fought very hard to get him in school at all as he was unschooled.,. I had to go thru court and have an order stating that as long as he is in that school he will be in my custody during the week. Please advise us we are victims in many ways thank you
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What are you hoping to do about this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well we would firstly like the issue of harassment solved., secondly we feel this is very wrong to have council police and other aiding harassment including environment department and of late the solicitor secretary is related to council which we didn't know. This is huge abuse of power and harassment is illegal we have over a years evidence emails documentation etc. Including video and sound.. We have asked for app and box but the neighbors were an app instead?? Again they are all connected or related., we want compensation and resolution we have been hugely stressed and Ill even. Council is allowing this
It is nothing to do with the council. They have decided not to take action for other reasons. All that is a complete myth. Actually whenever there is any suggestion of bias they tend to do more than they would otherwise.
I am sorry to have to tell you this but if they are not acting upon the harassment allegation then it is because they question the merit of the allegation. It is nothing to do with whether he has friends at the housing office.
In terms of resolving the harassment, it depends what the issue is. You don't mention the nature of the allegation. It is a civil tort as well and you could sue in the civil courts.
If you can give me more information I might be able to offer more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the council person we deal with is related to our neighbors. We reported him for various antisocial behavior from swearing to hand gestures some of which my son has witnessed. Every Time we have been ignored and told they can't do anything. We wrote the letters not our neighbor, we reported to police not our neighbors mtge bias is that the council person is related and has multiple friends to our neighbors so they are protecting them we have done nothing to start this and can prove that
You are in the UK? I notice the incorrect spelling of neighbour? If you are in the states then the answer above will be wrong but we do have a category to which I can move this question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am in the UK I do travel and use two key boards on my phone that occasionally I push in doing work related correspondence. The original issue with the neighbour started with the fact we moved in and they had no one above them for many months. They started banging and it got worse and worse to the point of gestures because we over look thier garden and we couldn't look out without the v sign or a wanker gesture (sorry) being thrown at us. Even my 10 year old has been victim to that. we honestly wanted this resolved quickly but they have managed to create more and we have had nothing done to help us.
we havd retained a solisctor but found out soneone in the office is also related to this council person. We have tried going above his head., citizens advice, and environmental department and police not even a call or letter back hence the solisctor but now we can't use him.
Yes, the auto correct does that sometimes!
It is nothing to do with connections at the council. That is not to say they are not being neglectful but that is not the reason.
You can always sue at the county court although there will be costs in that.
Alternatively you would have to complain to the IPCC but I would be slow to advice that. They do have a tendency to take revenge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** looking to create more trouble we just want fairness in our situation. Moving would be a hardship on my son in many ways among other things. We will look into the civil approach and look for a solisctor withoyt conflict of interest. Thank you
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you