How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

One of my grandchildren has made an accusation against in school

This answer was rated:

One of my grandchildren has made an accusation against in school against my son in law social services and the police have conducted an interview last Friday. They want to speak to them again tomorrow in their school, the boys are aged 9 & 10, can I insist that either myself or my wife could be present at the interview
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Who is conducting the interview? The police or social services?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As far as I am aware they will both be there they are not giving us any information
In that case, you cannot demand to be allowed to attend.
They will want an appropriate adult to attend but they would want somebody unaffected by the investigation. If the boys are happy to have you there they probably would agree to it.
If this is a proper ABE recording though you would not be allowed to be with them while they actually recount the allegation though. They would not want anything to influence the allegation or be open to that suggestion.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you