How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

This question regards ***** ***** education. I have

Customer Question

Hello, this question regards ***** ***** education. I have previously completed a foundation degree in graphic design at CCAD awarded by Teeside university in 2006. I am now 33 and want to change career paths. Unfortunately as it was a foundation degree
and is above level 3, i am not eligible for full funding to change career. I want to do a full time course in FdA public services, (awarded by teeside uni and in association with Hartlepool college of further education). I found out that the course duration
is 2 years long (here is the link to the course) The funding is £6,000 per year, so a total of £12,000! I have been on the sick for a long time therefor moved
out of my old house and back into my parents for a while. I went to my doctor and told him i feel ready to come of incapacity. I come off it next Monday to go on jobseekers allowance. I was told about a maintenance grant when i visited the college with queries
, but i looked it up, an at the very most, i would only be eligible for £3,387. This made my heart sink as I am now 33 and for the first time I have seen a course that really excited me. I am devastated that i cannot be funded for it, as i am still paying
off my FdA Graphic design fees. (costs) Is there any way at all that somewhere out there, there is a grant to allow me to be able to do this course, it would be life changing for me and i would have done
it years ago had i known about it. A tall request i know, but i am so desperate to better my life that i can only ask. Please contact me if this is possible, I'd greatly appreciate it as so many years of my life have gone to waste and i truly feel this would
be the making of me and i'd finally be where i need to be . If there are any grants that i don't know about, just anyway to to this course i would be absolutely over the moon and stick at it. For anyone who knows about this field, please get in touch, the
course starts late this month. Cutting it fine, but i have only recently found out about it, Thank you kindly, Dawn
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You may want to look at a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan.
I hope that helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you but I know about these already, i'm still trying to find a grant not a loan. Im probably batting outside the ball park trying to find one to cover it :(
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I have spent time looking and sadly there are no grants available, only loans.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: