How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been charged of molestation order but the

This answer was rated:

I have been charged for breach of molestation order but the order was an occupation order not a molestation order I have pleaded not guilty but am not sure what I should do now
Can this order be withdrawn even though I've been charged and appeared in court
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Yes, it can.
That will not mean it cannot be prosecuted though. The issue is whether or not there was an order in place and served on you at the time of the incident. It doesn't matter that it was subsequently withdrawn.
But if you are saying the order was wrong then that is a defence.
The only issue though is that occupation orders usually follow non molestation orders.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes to my knowledge I have never received a molestation order but did receive an occupation order but my charge sheet say breaching a molestation order
It depends whether the act complained of is still prohibited. Of so they can just amend the charge sheet. O
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the charge is not covered on the occupation order
If there is no occupation order then you would have a defence on that basis.