How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12193
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My uncle is in a nursing home and we had to sell his house

This answer was rated:

my uncle is in a nursing home and we had to sell his house to pay the fees. he has been there for 2 years and the money had dropped to about £50,000 . My wife and I have legal power of attorney so can you tell me will all of the money go on nursing care ? I do know that he gets help once the money drops below around £24,000 until it reaches around £14000. But do we have to pay once below £14,000.
Thank you for your question.
Once his money drops to £14000 it is exempt and cannot be taken for fees.
I hope that answers your question.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you