How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1371
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I want to take my parents abroad weeks they claim

This answer was rated:

Hi I want to take my parents abroad for 2 weeks they claim income support do I have to notify the benefit agency
Welcome to Just Answer
You should contact the benefits agency and let them know - although this will not affect their income support as it is less then 28 days.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My father's worried if we notify them then they will stop all his benefit and it is a headache to get it all reinstated. Wil we get in trouble if we don't notify them

Thank you for your response.
My apologies for my delay in responding.
I have attached the Governments Guidance in relation to income support. Page 75 deals with holidays abroad.
The guidance does not state that you have to notify. Although some people do like to confirm in advance so that they can be assured that their benefits won't be affected.
Kind regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you