How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I slipped on loose gravel playing netball at my grand daughters

This answer was rated:

I slipped on loose gravel playing netball at my grand daughters school fun day on 11th july. Yesterday I had to have an operation for a torn tendon in my left shoulder following the fall. I must add that I am left handed. The operation could not be done because the tear was massive and irrepairable I have more or less been left with only being able to raise my left arm to 30 degrees. I have learnt that the school playground was to have been repaired last year but has only been done in the last summer holidays.
I have kept fit for the last forty years. Cycling, swimming, zumba . Apart from the norm like doing my hair, hanging out the washing even putting on make up. I now am unable to carry out without difficulty or help.
I must add I am 70 but I did play a lot of netball when younger for my school and a town team. Does the school have a responsibility to any claim by me against them. I was rushed to hospital within half an hour of falling. All school staff were there and I believe the incident was not put in the incident book
Ok well it certainly seems as if you have a claim. There are some very reputable solicitors firm who will be able to bring a claim for you - the key is to check that they are solicitors and the person working your case is actually experienced as a solicitor rather than a litigation assistant. Have a look at this - to discuss - please rate positive
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I hope that this helps - can you please rate positive - thanks