13262538

My first cousin, Sylvia, has just died without leaving a will.

My first cousin, Sylvia, has just died without leaving a will. Her parents and husband have died and she had no children. I am her only next of kin, there are no other first cousins who have survived.
Do I inherit her estate ?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.How many siblings did each of her parents have - and how many have left surviving children or grandchildren
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sylvia's parents had 3 brothers and sisters between them (one was my father). None of their children has survived, apart from me, now that Sylvia has died.
Did any of those children who did not survive leave children of their own
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, my late brother had 4 children and there are two others of my late cousin. Sylvia was an only child.
Then you are only entitled to a third of the Estate - with one third being divided between your late brother's children and the other third between the two children of your cousin.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare