How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was surprised yesterday when i found a court judgment order

Customer Question

I was surprised yesterday when i found a court judgment order on my credit report, and i have no clue what that is, and I dont even live in UK
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The situation is the following:
I found a court order judgment on my credit report for 800 pound
I have no clue what that is, and where is from
I don't owe money to anyone
I don't even live in the UK
My annual income is 200K+ so I don't really need money or default on 800 pound, last month my credit card bill was 9800 pound which I clear 100% every month
I need help ..
What do I need to do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The judgment date was 18-08-2015
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
How come you need a record report if you don't live in the uk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am British and have bank accounts and credit cards and own many properties in London, that's why i keep monitoring my credit scoring from time to time
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Do you have a court name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't, even when I googled what is a court judgment I found out that I can search in their website by paying 4£ to know the details, when I tried to do that, they were asking for details that I don't have, like the name of the organisation I owe money to which I have no clue what is going on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
CCJ/DECREE (£820)COUNTY COURT MONEY CLAIMS CENTRE20 AUG '15YESI copied this from my credit report
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok, you should go onto the registry trust website and do a search. This will show you the court and maybe even case number,
If it only shows the court you can call the court and they can do a search for you, give you the case number ***** send a copy of the claim. Once yo have seen that and you do need to have sight because then you can apply to set aside judgment. You need to complete form n244
You need to show that you have a realistic defence to the claim and that you acted promptly to set aside which is why you need sight of the claim form.
The court will set the matter down and decide whether to set aside judgment based on use defence.
Can I clarify anyhing for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Name: Walid NsouliAddress***** WEMBLEY, HA9 8QFType:Court Judgment or Scottish DecreeOrder Date:20 Aug '15Status:ActiveContact:PO Box 527
M5 0BY
0300(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is what I found in the credit report
Can you act on my behalf in this case and defend my situation?
This address is a rented property of mine for the past 5 years but still not sure what is this about
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Sadly I can't act for you. You need to apply to the county court money claims centre and call them. But you need the claim form in order to apply to set aside. You have to file a defence when you set aside.
Does that clarify?