How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I selected a Property Lawyer with Expertise in Options & Overage

Customer Question

I selected a Property Lawyer with Expertise in Options & Overage who had represented me 3 years before. I am now suing him for Breaches in his Duty of Care.
He identified a formula in an tentative legal contract: i.e. an Option Agreement to purchasing Land I owned subject to the Developer being granted Planning Consent during the Option Period.
1: He scrawled a note on an email referring to a proposed Draft Contract. "Don't like the formula"! He never informed his Client having agreed to represent me personally. The lawyer in question having considered the formula he had never before encountered. His professional determination why he disliked it being: "It created a degree of 'uncertainty' to the eventual value of my land"!
Despite this fact, he chose to permit the 'disliked formula' to remain; knowing that the inevitable outcome would be against his Clients Best Interests! He combined this act of negligence a year later by permitting a Deed of Variation which had been a Ruse created by the Developers Land Director. His request for an extension was based upon a false reason known to my ex-lawyer. The purpose solely to circumvent the Long Stop date.
A date under no circumstances Option Period could be extended. A Deed of Variation to an unnecessary extension of the Option Period created an opportunity to also extend the Long Stop Date. My ex-lawyer was a co-author of the original Option Agreement permitted such a Deed against his Clients Best Interests!
My question how can I get legal representation I cannot afford?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nicola, I received an email on 19th September: "We confirm £56 has been charged to the selected payment method". I have a new message today. Order ID: 15645054-733: "One of the Site Staff Members on JustAnswer has sent you an important message regarding your question". the "VIEW MESSAGE" goes nowhere the same as "contact support"? Is there a problem with your website? Regards, John.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I am not aware of any website issues, however I will inform Customer Support of the problems you have been having.
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Attention of Nicola or Jody B,Thank you considering my question. I doubt you will find a different answer to the one's I have already tried. There is no Legal Aid; I have been declined for a Conditional Fee Arrangement (CFA). Despite I am informed by many lawyers that there can be no doubt as too the Defendants Negligence. However, unless any compensation for his acts of Negligence is substantial which without funds I cannot employ a Professional Surveyor as an expert witness: To value my Option Land which I was eventually legally obliged to to transfer it to the other party for a Nominal £1:00! This was acknowledged as the inevitable consequence of entering into the Legal Contract without proper legal advice. The Developer constructed 14x4 Bedroom Detached Executive Dwellings on my Option Land. This was due to a 'disliked formula' Observed at the outset by my Lawyer who chose to permit it too remain in the Legal Contract! I doubt there is a simple answer to resolve my problem.
PS: I have applied for a Pro Bono & await a response! I need an Expert who can take my ex-lawyer to task over 2 acts of clear Dereliction of his Duty as a Professional. I am of the opinion that my last hope is Pro Bono as the Defence require "Security of Costs". Their projected Costs circa £180,000 + VAT. I don't have any way to cover this. We go to Court for this 'security' on 14th December; if I fail as I will to cover their cost the will ask the Judge to Strike my claim Out! Maybe my account should be refunded if the money has been drawn down. Thank you anyway!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nicola as I stated in my last message I doubt a single answer would suffice. I ended by saying 'maybe' my account should be refunded 'if' the money has been drawn down. Why I phrased it 'maybe' & 'if'. Because when I checked my account earlier no payment for £56:00 had been withdrawn. It has now so I would appreciate it being refunded as no acceptable response has been provided. Regards, ***** *****