How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10949
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Could you help i married a armenian lady 30 august 2014 and

Customer Question

could you help i married a armenian lady 30 august 2014 and she as lived here on and of since 2000 and permanent since 2011 and she as a permanent residents visa .but we have been to armenia and when we come back we have problems .would you .could you help us to obtain a british passport for my wife her d.o.b is 26 /11/1945 .my d.o.b / plus she does not get any benifits at all.
mr alan lowe and mrs seda lowe
ps email address***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Dear Alan, if you are a British citizen, your Amernian wife, Seda, will be able to obtain citizenship and a British passport either on the basis of five years continuous residence in the UK, which would be at the latest next year - 2016 - or after three years of marriage - on 30 August, 2017. Here is the form she can fill in
Be aware that your wife would be able to make an application before next year if she could show she hasn't spent more than 450 days outside the UK in the last five years. In your question, you state she only has lived in the UK permanently since 2011. However, if she didn't spend much time outside the UK in the first year, she could make an application for citizenship right away. Here is a link to the requirements
If she has spent less that 450 days in five years outside the UK then she can make an application for citizenship immediately.