How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1371
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My son has aspergers, he is nearly 16 has always suffered with

This answer was rated:

My son has aspergers, he is nearly 16 has always suffered with social environment especially at school. I thought everything would be OK now as I got him into college to do an access course. This college we want him to attend he was already attending one day a week when he was at school and he got on so well. Only now just as he is suppose to start we are told that the course can't be funded. My son is currently under camhs and the college has asked me to ask camhs to speak to Special educational needs department so they can speak to local authority. Failing the local authority won't help would I be able to homeschooled him for a year. Capel manor have said he could join them next September for the access course.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
Home Education is legal in the UK.
It is my understanding that as your son is currently attending a Special Needs School that you would need to inform the Local Authority of your intention to Home Educate him. You need to ask the Local Authorities permission to de-register him.
Please see this link for further information:
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, my so was attending a normal school but has special educational needs.