How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1485
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am concerned that my 3 year old daughter's Father has introduced,

Customer Question

I am concerned that my 3 year old daughter's Father has introduced, so far, 3 consecutive women to her as his partner in the short time that we have been separated. He has her every other weekend and one day every week. Recently she has been very quiet on her return home. Is there something I can do about this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please can I ask:
- how long have you been separated?
- how long has he been with his partners - in particular the most recent?
- do you have any child protection concerns in relation to your ex's partner?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Separated about 18 months, his partners have lasted approx. 6 months, 5 months then 3 months as far as he will admit.He now almost certainly has another but will not admit. No protection concerns that are evident, again, secrecy prevails.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming this.
I fully agree that it would be very confusing for your young daughter to be introduced to so many women in such a short period of time.
I think that you should have a chat with your ex and explain that you are concerned about the emotional impact on your daughter.
Whilst you can probably quite well appreciate that if your ex's relationship with a new partner should become a stable relationship then introduction would become appropriate. Perhaps you can suggest that an introduction would take place say only after 6 months. You should emphasis that the time that he spends with his daughter is suppose to be for them.
In reality courts do consider that children have a right to a relationship with both parents. If you sought to limit the father spending time with your child as a result of this concern then it is likely that he will make an application to the court for a child arrangement order confirming the time he spends with your daughter. Whilst the court can order that such time be for the father - this would be limited and they would consider that an introduction should take place at some point.
I think that you should consider making a referral to family mediation service. There are lots of family mediation services and one such national service is
Mediation can help you both talk through the issues and try to come to an agreement without the need for going to court. Court itself can make matters more entrenched.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received. Happy to discuss further. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Please kindly remember to rate positively - your question will not close and I can answer your follow up questions for free