How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My son changed insurance company but had to pay

This answer was rated:

My son changed insurance company but had to pay for insurance cancellation of 167.00 then they sent to depth collection taking it to 220 pounds with there costs that was paid . We sent the a copy of his no claims bonus called statement of fact they said that wasn't acceptable now they have cancelled his insurance but have said for cancellation they are charging 105 pound for them to reinstate his insurance they have already taken 2 mounths instalment payment what can we do
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you not get a no claims discount certificate from the previous insurers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He only had statement of fact which had his 7 years no claims discount on it

Did he not ask the insurance company for proof of no claims, ie a letter or certificate? If not, why not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They wouldn't give new insurance company details because the 220 was out standing he paid that 15 Sept then new insurance company cancelled his insurance on 17th he has spoken to them this morning to see if he was insured and they now want 105 to reinstate his insurance although he has paid 2 mounths instalments

You need to write and make a formal complaint. This will be investigated through the formal corporate complaints procedure. If they do not resolve your complaint then you can speak with the Ombudsman.
They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint but only once you have been to the Insurance Company complaint process. Their website is:
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But will this not be an on going problem where he has to keep paying up front for insurance and only statement of fact about his no claim bonus

No. The Ombudsman should resolve it and you will get something to confirm the bonus.
Does that help?
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.