How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My daughter died nov19 2014 with no will no house insurance

This answer was rated:

my daughter died nov19 2014 with no will no house insurance no money in the bank and a 41000 mortgage my husband and I have offered to continue with this but our age is against us where in our 70s ihave been granted administration for whats left of her home and also parental control of my grandson who is 16 and just started college plus istill have not been able to get help of finanance for him.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Is it not feasible for you to sell your Daughter's property?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mortgage company says its not mine to sell they sent me a mandate to pay the debt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
trying to get together that much is beyond our reach in a lump sum,we have helped with the mortgage for her since she had her first stroke 4 yrs have done up theproprty thinking we could sll or rentout but we came unstuck
Thanks for your reply.
As Administrator of your Daughter's Estate, you do have the legal power to sell her property. I think you may have been unlucky enough to speak to an unexperienced person at the Mortgage Company.
Whenever someone dies, most Mortgage Companies will grant a period of 3 months before demanding any Mortgage payment, and if the property is to be sold, the Administrator is entitled to make the monthly mortgage payments until such time as the property has been sold.
I appreciate the Mortgage Company will not agree to transfer the Mortgage into your name due to your age, but they certainly must allow you to sell the property and make the mortgage payments in the meantime.
I would go back to the Mortgage Company and confirm you propose to do this.
I hope this helps but please let me know if you require any further clarification.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you