How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter lives on the Isle of Wight. Hampshire . She is

This answer was rated:

My daughter lives on the Isle of Wight.
Hampshire . She is not married but has two children and their father lives on the island .
She is looking at moving off the island and back to Oxfordshire. However her x partner is saying she is not allowed to take the children off the island ? How true is this
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWhat contact does the father have with the children?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For the last month he has had a couple of overnight contact visits ! Where he has had one of the children over night Friday and Saturday night . The children are 4 years old and 2 years old. He's only ever had the youngest one for 1 night and a few hours here and there. He has the 4 year old most weekends from Friday 3pm - Sunday 4pm
Sorry - you mean he has had each child once a month for two nights?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. He has the 4 year old every Friday and Saturday night and the 2 year. He's had for one night in the last 2 months. This is an informal arrangement.
What contact will your daughter offer if she moves?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Every Friday to Sunday. She has also offered to bring them to him where money permits
That is a long journey every weekend (and an expensive piece of water to cross) - what proposals will be made to cope wither?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She's offered to help where she can but with two kids and a baby due in January there's only so much she can offer. But she's not asked for any money towards the children's keep. Plus he drives but she doesnt
Unfortunately if she wishes to make this move then the onus will very much be on her to facilitate contact Her ex is entitled to apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the children being removed form their home areaIt will certainly be granted to start with so that the court has time to consider whether or not it would be in the interest of the children for the move to happen.Your daughter would then have to convince the court that the move would be the best way forward - and will need to show how shewill promote the ongoing contact between the children and their father - including how she will assist with transportShe and her ex need to discuss this using Family ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you