How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Money Claim form help. I have been issued one however do not

This answer was rated:

Money Claim form help. I have been issued one however do not understand the timescales for each option also the format shows 'reference only' across the page and does not contain an address to reply to.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I am assuming you are the Claimant.
1) Once a claim is issued then you will get notification from MCOL
2) A claim is issued when it is received and processed by MCOL
3) Defendant will have 14 days from date of service (2 working days after posting) to file a defence or acknowledgment of service
4) If D does neither you can request Judgment
5) If D files an acknowledgment of service it gives them an addition 14 days to file a defence
6) If D files an acknowledgment but fails to file a defence you can request Judgment
7) If D files a defence then the matter will be transferred to D local Court and set down for a hearing
Your claim will have reference across it, this is not the actual claim form itself, but just a copy for your records.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To claify I am the defendant. Please could you modify the reply accordingly. Thank you.
It remains the same above. The timescales are the same.
The only difference is when you get the claim form from MCOL it will have a login/password ***** as such you can log in and file an acknowledgment of service.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only copy I have is the one attached so I don't have the court address to reply to or any log in details etc. What would you suggest?
4th Floor, St Katharine's House, 21-27 St Katharines St, Northampton NN1 2LH
You have the claim number so can file a defence.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's really helpful thank you. I am not in a position to pay this in full. What is the best response / way to initiate installment repayments please as part of this process?
You can offer to pay by instalments, there should be an option in the defence form
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a defence form the only document I have is the 2 page attachment that I sent to you. Can you advise the best way to move forward please?
You can fill out this
Send it to the court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alex that's really helpful. I think I will be applying for a defence and counter claim. This doesn't allow me to explain the need to pay any residual amount in installments so how do I compile this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or is it better to complete the admission form but only for part of the amount claimed for so that I can complete details of my income and expenditure?
You are better off doing part admission if you admit some of it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry just to clarify I complete the admission form but only to part of it? Can I detail somewhere why I'm only responsible for some of it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So form N9A or form N9B?
N9b and you can say here why you only owe some and not all.
Is that ok?
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you