Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

I made a bad mistake, booked an overnight bed pensioners

Customer Question

I made a bad mistake, booked an overnight bed for 2 pensioners and our driver. It was disgusting.unmade ,just pulled together beds,hairs on each sheet,and a bug creeping over one sheet,Snot on a pillow case,dirty marks on all surfaces and the threat of fines if we broke or damaged the property. I sent an email as soon as we had a wifi access and requested our money back and compensation for an overnight stay elsewhere.
I have in turn notified through which we booked.They have offered me 10% refund on the disgusting place.I have not accepted.Also notified Trading standards, Norwich city environmental health,watchdog,Norwich daily newspaper.Yes we took photographs-50 in all, But
a)( I want my £90 back and the
b) cost of 2 rooms which were all er could get at another (clean )hotel.
How can this pirate be stopped from trading and providing such disgusting service?
I have to point out that I am a pensioner with an attitude. But I dont know just how to go about it.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
The best thing for you to do now is to bring a claim in the small claims court for the money back. This can be achieved at You would be seeking the money spent for the two clean rooms and the money paid - you can also seek interest pursuant to s.69 of the county courts act 1989 at 8% per annum. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

I hope that this helps - please rate positive