12826847

Can uk police seize foreign passport of an ec national granted

Can uk police seize foreign passport of an ec national granted bail in the uk who legally lives in the uk when the foreign national has been arrested as a suspect of non violent crime
Yes. They do it quite regularly. It is called the surrender of travel documents. It is designed to stop people fleeing the jurisdiction.
It is a good idea to comply. The other alternative is a remand in custody.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/