How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am looking to rent a property in the UK. The property

Customer Question

I am looking to rent a property in the UK. The property will be used as a residential property but I would like to start a business from the spare room.
I asked the landlord whether I can register a company at the address and told him that there will be no clients or business visitors, no money or no storage of any goods etc in the property.
The landlord said it was impossible under the current standard tenancy agreements.
Is that correct?
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to know please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** like to know whether the landlord can prevent me from starting a business and whether the announced changes in the legislation as per the link in my question now has been incorporated and what differece that makes. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a Landlord yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I am about to sign a tenancy agreement
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
I assume it does not allow from a business at home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
apologies, I now no longer need assistance
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure, as I was about to give you an answer!