How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Included in my divorce settlement my ex husband was to continue

This answer was rated:

Included in my divorce settlement my ex husband was to continue paying into a savings policy . The court papers state quite clearly that upon its maturity it would be paid in full to my daughter. Unfortunately she has asked about it ( she is 23yrs) and is studying medicine. Her father has cashed it in and kept the money!! Is there anything that can be done to obtain this money that is rightfully hers?
Kind regards
Hazel fisher
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I hall do my best to help youCould you just confirm the exact wording of the order relating to the policy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And upon the respondent undertaking to the court to continue to maintain the premiums on the l and v policy, policy no64930356116 which policy was taken out by the parties for the benefit of the child of the family Eleanor rose fisher until maturity of the aforesaid policy and upon maturity the proceeds of that policy to be paid to Eleanor rose fisher.
Excellent thank youWhen did it mature - and do you know how much it is worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was due to mature in 2010 unfortunately I do not have the policy document so have no idea to its value
was the policy in joint names or his sole name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot remember exactly but think it was in joint names
There are two possible ways forward, but the starting point is to discover more about the policy.If the policy was in joint names then the company will give you the details about when the policy was cashed in and how much was received.Armed with this your daughter would be able to sue her father for the monies using the Money Claim online service (and even if you cannot find out more information) you can apply to the court to enforce the order You would use a D11 apply for him to prove the amount received and pay it to your daughter.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To what address would I submit the D11 ?
Thank you
You will need to go back to the Court that issued the original order