How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71144
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son's and his boyfriend where being intimate when his boyfriends

This answer was rated:

My son's and his boyfriend where being intimate when his boyfriends dad unexpectedly arived. His dad had no idea he was gay and is a hardcore Christian and has gone off the roof. Thankful sons boyfriend does not live full time with his dad just visits and his mum is OK about it.
The problem is 1. He is saying he is going to the police because they are underage. They are both 17. I was of the opinion the legal age was 16. He says its older for gay people. That doesn't sound right to me but I'm still worried.
Just want some advice about this please
Thank you
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
The law has long since changed. The age of consent is the same for same sex relationships as for heterosexual couples.
In any event, the police have a policy of not prosecuting where the parties are of a similar age and quite correctly.
Don't waste your time with people who keep the police on speed dial. He has every right to object to this. He doesn't have every right to waste taxpayer's money on it.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank god for that!No that's fine thank you. Now I can sleep and not be worried all night!I agree it's his choice if he accepts this or doesn't but I'm glad to here he cant be getting the police involved.Thank you!