How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have an 18 year old daughter who has aspergers syndrome.

Customer Question

I have an 18 year old daughter who has aspergers syndrome. She can be extremely violent. I had her placed into the care system when she was 15 as I could not control her and she was being extremely violent in the house, threatening her brothers and sister, 1 of which has severe autism and learning difficulties. I refused to have her back home at 15 when she was arrested for trashing the house and assaulting me (her mother). I hoped she would get the help she needed. She had been expelled from school for violently attacking another girl. She has never accepted help for her A'spergers and basically hates me. I have tried so hard to be there for her but again she assaulted me today and threatened my other children. The bot***** *****ne is, she is dangerous and I am scared of what she will do next. I love my daughter but have to protect my other children. Unfortunately her Dad has the same condition and tends to go against what I say and says she can come to the house whenever she wants until she upsets him and then he walks away. I don't know what to do. I just don't want her to come and threaten me anymore in my home of 25 years. I feel at the moment my only option is to move away but this would have a terrible impact on my son. I am at my wits end and at fifty should not have to answer or be scared of an eighteen year old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing - this is obviously a very difficult situation.
You could give consideration to seeking a Non Molestation Order. This type of order would prevent your daughter from threatening or using violence towards you. You can also ask the order to include that your daughter cannot attend at your property.
These types of orders tend to last 6 to 12 months.
A breach of a Non molestation order is a criminal offence and if found guilty this could lead to a fine or up to 5 years imprisonment - which I am not sure is what you want. This is however an order to consider if you are being abused and the police have not taken action.
Legal aid may be available for you if you was to consider this type of order. You should speak to a legal aid solicitor.
These orders can be made urgently if you have been threatened in the last few days. If the last incident was longer than a few days ago then you can still apply but notice would be given to your daughter in advance.
Application form is FL401 to Local Family Court. There is no court fee.
You still report all incidents to the police as they may give your daughter a harassment act warning.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Positive feedback gratefully received - happy to discuss further - your question will not close and I can answer your follow up questions for free