How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Sir, I was born in 1945 and was a british tax payer from

Customer Question

I was born in 1945 and was a british tax payer from 1963 to 1968 but left the UK in November 1968.I wonder whether I am eligible to british pension fund or partial fund.Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh, a friend of mind has received his pension fund recently even though he only worked part time during his student days in the UK Now, with his encouragement, perhaps there is a an eligibility for me to make a claim. I understand the Uk govenrment sets a few categories on how to claim. Thank you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Dear Rita, here is a link to the State Pension Calculator. It will allow you to fill in your details and see if you qualify today for a pension
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello MrCustomer
I am not certain about the caculater provided.Reasons are, first, I do not have any national insurance number at hand,it means I have to write to the UK revenue to enquire. Second ,my Uk working experience happened so many years ago .Third , this state pension news only came across through words of mouth and fourth, I am not residing in the Uk now.Perhaps, I did not make myself clearer on the issue.
I would appreciate it if your agency could provide a fast track answer to my first question on eligibility of claim with that little information I provided .I should follow from there ,there after.
Thank you for the reply on receiving my payment.By the way , may I know whether this payment of Rm 308 only cover the first question or subsequence enquiries?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
2. Dear Rita, for women born before 6 April 1950, it is necessary to have worked 10 years in total in order to qualify for any state pension at all. To get a full State pension in the UK, it is necessary for women to have worked 39 years if born before 6 april 1950. Accordingly, my own opinion is that you don't currently qualify for a State pension, I regret to say. The reason for these stringent requirements for people born before these dates is that the state pension scheme was not receiving contributions at that time. However, i would suggest that you top up your pension entitlements by making voluntary National Insurance contributions whereby you increase the number of years you have contributed. here is a link This would then entitle you to some pension.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
3. Your initial deposit covers your initial question and your subsequent query. There is no need to pay more. However, it is necessary that you Rate the answer for its accuracy as otherwise your Expert does not receive part of the monies you have paid to the website.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello MrCustomer
Thank you for your replies. They have all been noted.Sorry to say I am not proceeding with the British pension subject.
once again, many thanks.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.

4. Dear Rita, please RATE the Answer