How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husbands previous partner is making a claim against my husband

Customer Question

My husbands previous partner is making a claim against my husband for maintenance through the online courts for 5k. He has now had a ccj sent to him saying they will send bailiffsremovingproperty to remove goods from the property. However the house belongs to me with a mortgage in my name only as I purchased the house before we married. Can they take anything from my house as the child has nothing to do with me. We have been married 4 years and the child is now 14. He has been split up from his ex partner for 11 years
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Did your husband defend the matter on the basis that there was no Order to enforce?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has not defended anything as he received the first letter just over a week ago and has now received this. Can they involve myself and proprty in this case

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Could you explain a little more about who is taking action - is the CSA involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the csa is not involved this is from the online courts

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
If he only received the claim last week (which would have come through the post) then Judgement could not have been issued yet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do we do now. Is the online court legal and can they pursue you and can they involve me and my propert

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I need to understand what is actually happening as what had happened to date does not make legal sense!I am wondering if his ex is trying to cause confusion - would it be possible to see what you have actually received
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My husband has received an n1cpc form which arrived on the 19th August while we were on holiday he showed me it last week and I presumed he had just received it sorry for the confusion however yesterday he received a judgement for claimant station g in default. It has been sent from St Kathryn es house northampton

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
OK that makes more sense - did he respond to it in any way or did he just ignore it completely?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He ignored it completely

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
That is why a Judgement has been entered.He now needs to apply to the court to have the Judgement set aside and file a defence saying that there is no legal basis for the ClaimHe needs to do this promptly.If he does not then the Judgement will stand and if the Bailiffs call you would need to provide evidence that you alone purchased the contentsI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare