How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have recently paid off my mortgage and got a letter from

This answer was rated:

i have recently paid off my mortgage and got a letter from my lender saying i would have to inform the land registry of this and get a discharge .how do i do this and is there any cost involved,thanks stephen mcwilliams
Thank you for your question.
You will have to instruct a solicitor to prepare the document of Discharge, send it to the lender to sign and then register in the Land Register of Scotland.
Solicitors deal with these on a daily basis. Typically the cost is £125 plus VAT plus a £60 fee charged for registration by the Land Register.
I hope that helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you