How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I took 2 loans with the Halifax Building Society or maybe the

Customer Question

I took 2 loans with the Halifax Building Society or maybe the Leeds building Society as it was then called in 1994 and 1996 how can I prove I took out these loans I would like to claim back PPI if it was attached to my loans at that time
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
When did you finish paying them please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not remember all I do know is that both loans was paid up in full if not I am sure by know they would have let me know

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Do you know whether it was over 6 years ago?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if you mean the repayment that was well over 6 years ago

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Have you raised this with the Halifax or Ombudsman yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the Halifax has sent me a PPI questionnaire to fill out

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok, have you done that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No not as yet as they are saying that they do not have any records of the loans taken out so I am wondering if it's worth filling it out??

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Yes I would fill it out and go to the Ombudsman. However you need to remember you do only have 6 years to bring a claim from the date of last payment under the Limitation Act 1980. They are also not required to keep records over 6 years.

So I would fill out and go to the Ombudsman if necessary, but you may be out of time.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.