How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1368
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My Brother's former wife (they have been divorced years)

This answer was rated:

My Brother's former wife (they have been divorced for 15 years) persists in referring to herself as my sister-in-law. I have asked her to desist, but to no avail. Is she still legally entitled to use the 'in law' title, even though she is no longer married to my Brother?
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry to tell you but there is no such legislation pertaining to the words 'in law' and it's use.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you