How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was involved in an accident last year. My insurance

This answer was rated:

I was involved in an accident last year. My insurance company at that time fixed my car. The police were unable to trace the driver. The accident happened in Warwickshire. The council are asking me to pay for the traffic lights and other work done around the lights when i crashed into them because the other driver came into my lane. My insurance company have already told the coucil that they will not pay for the invoice as they cannot get the money back from the other drivers insurance.
Do I have to pay for the repairs to the traffic light as the council are asking me for the payment?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it the other persons fault?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. They came into my lane without indicating.

Ok, then you won't be liable. Your insurers will cover it if you are liable. If the council issue proceedings your insurers will take it over.
Either way you are not personally liable. It's for the insurers to sort out with the council and not you.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

My insurance have said they wont pay for it because there is no way for them to get the money back. They would lose out.

That's not your problem, it's not them to claim it back from the MIB.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have claimed money from the MIB a few months after my accident. But that money was used to sort out my shoulder which suffered from wiplash. What do i do? My insurance have said no, they wont pay, do i go back to them and say that they are still liable for this payment?

Its a matter between your insurers and the Council - its not your fault. They need to sort it between them.


I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.