How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35048
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband and i have recently divorced. but have been seperated

This answer was rated:

My husband and i have recently divorced. but have been seperated for 2.5 yeras. we have two children molly 17.5yrs and jack 14 years. he has a busy job and initially was doing his house up so saw them just overnight on a friday and a one or two hours on a saturday. this did increase and he started having them always on a friday night until tea time ona sat one weekend and the following weekend always on a friday night through to sunday after lunch. he wanted to see them in the week but they were both reluctant to stay but did go for tea and hed drop them back (2 minutes away) this also could not be a fixed arrangement as his job means he travels and his week can be unpredicatcble. However, he started a relationship with my very best friend of 25 years she was like a second mother to my children and we all used to go on holidays together with her (then) husband and children too. My children were devastated and have found it very difficult. their relationship with their dad has become strained and very poor. they have had big fall outs and have refused to go on holiday with him and her and her boys and this has not gone down well. I have always encouraged the children to see their dad but because of the situation and because he has become VERY verbally abusive towards me in my own home infront of the children too I decided he needed to make the arrangements with the children himself. they both have mobiles. i did withdraw from meeting him at the door or inviting him into my home anymore. he now has written me a letter laying out his request that he wants them three nights a week. they are very unhappy about this as they have no relationship with her at all - they went to the cinema once and thats all they have done and seen of her in 7 months and their dad is always going on about how they have done nothing wrong and they need to just get on with it. can he do this? do they have any rights?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYou have no need to worryThere is no action your ex can take to force your eldest to see him at all - and it would be most unwise for him to make a Court Application in respect of your younger child as the court is unlikely to go against his wishes - there is little you can do to force a 14/15 year old to do what they do not want to doI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you