How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How do i complain about excessive bank transfer charges to

This answer was rated:

how do i complain about excessive bank transfer charges to my daughter in australia this is in relation to a legacy in my fathers will
the bank charges amount to more than 10% of the transferred amount!!
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much were the charges and wha fur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex
The difference between what was transferred and what was received amounted to some 11000australian dollars
I realise that there must be sme bank charges but the amount seems very excessive just for the click of a couple of buttons!
Was t because of the conversion amount or flat fee for transfer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex
Thank you for your offer but I think I'll decline and Persue things myself
Please remove me from your system and thank you once again
I am happy to help and you don't have to accept telephone offer, I thought it may help, but let me know how the bank fee was calculated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think te rates were calculated using the different exchange rates available
The uk bank used their intermedery bank in Australia and they then transferred the amount to my daughters bank
What should have been a reasonable charge for transfer seems to have been totally unreasonable by these thieving bankers
What I want to know is weather to tale the bankers to task or to complain to my solicitor and insist they sort things
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you no further questions thank you
Thanks. Good luck and please remember to accept my answer!
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.