How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I rent a commercial property which comes with two parking

Customer Question

Hi I rent a commercial property which comes with two parking spaces for our clients at the back. We also rent out the flat above and this area is thier fire escape route.

The car park is reached by a small road/track maintained by the council.

The next door Pizza business constantly use our parking space so we and are clients cant.

1. They have put thier massive industrial bins there permantly

2. They litter the whole area

3.  Thier staff use our area for braks, anti social behaviuour

We have tried to talk to them.  Clients have had altercatiotions with them.  I have tried contacting thier had office but no reply after 15 complaints! Local authority wnt help as its commercial. What can we do?

We rent this whole property - a shop and flat.

Thank you

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is it the same landlord?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


No, unforturtaly. Theyare a big franchise and owned privatley. We have a lease.

Any costs for a gate (approx 2500) would have to be bourne by us.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Have you complained to the franchiser?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. They havea call centre and no one gets bak to me.

I have spokem to thier Head office too - lots of promises but NO follow up at all.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok. You need to get a solicitor to write and ask them to stop or say you will go to court. If they refuse then you can issue proceedings using form n208
And n16a
You are seeking an order to stop them parking and putting bins there. The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order. If the court dies and that break it this is content of court and they CPUs be warned, fined or send to prison.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you gor the answer.

Can i do this myself?

How muh would such an action cost if i do it myself / through a lawyer?

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can do this youself. If you have a lawyer it would be About £12,000 or so.

Does that help?

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.