How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33380
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I rent out a flat that I own. My tenants and next door neighbour

This answer was rated:

I rent out a flat that I own. My tenants and next door neighbour are subject to anaphylactic shock if they are stung by a bee. Another neighbour (different stair/close) who's garden adjoins our own, has set up two bee hives next to the joining fence. This means that my tenants and neighbour daren't use the garden in summer because there are so any bees. Is there anything we can do about this?
Thanks v much.
Stuart Cairns
Hello Stuart, My starting point would be to make a complaint to your local authority - they have powers under the Statutory Nuisance Provisions of the Public Health Act etc (Scotland) 2008 to consider that bees are insects which can cause nuisance for public health and can take legal action against your neighbour. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you