Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

I rent out a flat that I own. My tenants and next door neighbour

I rent out a flat that I own. My tenants and next door neighbour are subject to anaphylactic shock if they are stung by a bee. Another neighbour (different stair/close) who's garden adjoins our own, has set up two bee hives next to the joining fence. This means that my tenants and neighbour daren't use the garden in summer because there are so any bees. Is there anything we can do about this?
Thanks v much.
Stuart Cairns
Hello Stuart, My starting point would be to make a complaint to your local authority - they have powers under the Statutory Nuisance Provisions of the Public Health Act etc (Scotland) 2008 to consider that bees are insects which can cause nuisance for public health and can take legal action against your neighbour. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.