How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34898
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been granted by the home office an EEA family member

Customer Question

I have been granted by the home office an EEA family member visa as dependent of my Aunt which is french. However I have been classify by the university of Aberdeen as international student regarding the fee status, which I thing is wrong and I made a request to be classify home student. they ask me to prove that I have been dependant on my aunt since I was over 21 when I enter the UK. I have provided some legal documentation showing that my Aunt is legally responsible for my care since i was young, my proof of address( the latest was in feb 2014), my Aunt proof of Address from 2015, and some money transfer:before I came to the UK, 2 transfer showing on my bank statement and 3 transfer from western union, and i have explain them that as living with my aunt, i was exempt from paying any rent, bills and food and most of the time she was giving money in cash.
They are still saying that it is not enough, that I need to give more evidence. I would like to know if it is wright for them to do that, if I have prove legally that I have been dependant on my Aunt?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where were you living prior to coming to the UK?
When did you come to the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
before coming to the UK, I was in Cameroon. I came to the UK in feb 2011
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
What have you been doing since then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was studying, from 2011 to 2013. I had a BA in business and management.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And I enter the University of aberdeen in sept 2014
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Where did you stay and how was it funded
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was staying with my Aunt and she is the one who has funded everything.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

My apologies - I should have asked how old you are now