How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I purchased my parents house 20yrs ago due to loan shark

Customer Question

I purchased my parents house 20yrs ago due to loan shark debts. the idea was for them to leave and rent somewhere else. they then said they will claim HB and due to trust issues I put the house up with a letting agent ,I confirmed with the CAB that you can rent to family who get HB. It now appears that they put the wrong information on the form stating they are not related ,am I liable for this as I did not know.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I assume the Council are saying they have overpaid your parents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but also a fraud has been made on the form which I had no knowledge of. who will be prosecuted

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Your parents not you. You didnt fill out and sign the claim form - they did. They claimed benefit.
You wont be prosecuted.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no thank-you

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: