How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71042
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mum has abused me and told my doctors and the police that

This answer was rated:

My mum has abused me and told my doctors and the police that I made it all up in my head. Do I have any chance of disowning her?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am not sure what you mean by disown? You are perfectly free to have no more contact with her for the rest of your life if you choose. If you are an adult then you are under no obligation to have contact with her.
She will always be your mother as far as the law is concerned but you do't have to have a relationship with her.
Is that all you wanted to know ? If you can ask a specific question I might be able to offer more.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you