How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35070
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been given 3 months notice from my partner of 26 years

This answer was rated:

I have been given 3 months notice from my partner of 26 years to leave her house. Over the last 24 years she has had no income and I have paid for everything, eg new kitchen, conservatory,garage ,toilet and half the cost of the furniture, carpets etc. I have given her an allowance which is at the moment about 10000 per year.I feel it unfair that she can get away with this.Can you help?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.How much is the house worth, and how much value has been added by the work that you have paid for?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£450000 value added £30000 and I have just bought her a new £20000 car

What other assets do you have?
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have property about the same value but is contracted out to a long term tenant

What income do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£15 000

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£15 000 pension and £18000 rent

I am afraid that you have no right to remain in the property after the three months have passed.However you do have a financial claim on the proceeds of sale - equivalent to the amount by which the work you have paid for has increased the value of the property.You are also entitled to any items that you have personally paid for in the property.sadly any money that you have gifted to her cannot be recovered.I am sorry not to give better news - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I will not require anymore help

You are most welcome I hope things go as well as they can