How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

M y name is ***** ***** I wish to complain

Customer Question

m y name is ***** ***** I wish to complain about being duped by a company wise driving www.wise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you explain the situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am trying to help my grand daughter jasmine wrightel *********** le101qb the probem she has a car year 2013 ford fista 1-3 she took out an insurance with wise drivingwww.wisedriving./managemypolocy she hada black box fitted to the car supplied by wise dr she paid 980 ponds for 1 years comprehensive insurance aftersix months she rec aletter saying pay ment of was needed of 1ooo pounds had to be paid to wise driving or her insurance woud be cancelled we paid being told her driving would earn her a discount a month later more money was reuired or her policywould be cancelled having made many many atteps to call the coy by phone no joy was happening jasmine is att coledge iat the moment I her grandfather is her only source of income I am a pensioner can you please advise as iamm desperate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
jasmine has had no claims on her policyno accidents no offences with the policeher driving isgood and safeas per normal
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
So are you saying that the insurer keeps asking for an increase to the annual premium?
Have you complained about this to the company? If so what has been the response?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ittthave complained manythere company there response pay more money or we will cancel wwhich they have done
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok that seems like it may be in breach of contract. The first thing you should do is lodge an offical complaint in writing to ask for their complaints procedure and ask on what legal basis they have increased the premiums/ cancelled the insurance. You should state in this letter that you will be lodging a complaint with the Financial Services Ombudsman (who deals with insurance complaints) about the way that your granddaughter has been treated.
The details of the Financial Services Ombudsman can be found at
This website tells you how to lodge a complaint.
You need to give the ombudsman all of the details and they will make a determination whether the insurer acted appropriately in the circumstances or not.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know as I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian, what can I help you with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank for advicebut isee ihaveto contact the ombus thanks again much obliged man
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
No problem Brian, I would be grateful if you would rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for my time. Many thanks.