How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33540
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I keep ringing family enquiries line. My case is wit district

This answer was rated:

I keep ringing family enquiries line. My case is wit district judge. It has been there for 7 days. There is still no outcome by way of consent order. What can I do to speed it up. We are flying out on 10th. The prohiboted needs cancelling
Have you attempted to go into the court to try and chase them along?
ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No they say you can't see judge

No that is correct - but they can usually chase the judge to make sure he is doing it in box work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They say we've classified it as urgent. It could take 3 weeks

It really should not take that long - these types of things can be down overnight - have you asked to be put through to the court manager? I would chase her and get her to exert some pressure. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

my pleasure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have a direction hearing regarding dropping a consent order. My husband he is the one who applied for the order in the first place will be present at court. I will not because of work abroad. Should I instruct a solicitor to represent me. Shall I give a statement to explain why I can't be at court.

I would be minded to instruct a solicitor or a barrister (under direct access ) to attend on your behalf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's what I'm going to do. Thank you excellent rating

my pleasure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have instructed solicitor who is a family lawyer. He has written to court by email and explained situation. He has drafted an order to remove prohibited steps

He has also sent a written statement on behalf of my husband and sent proof of our flights and identity checks

The court has not responded.

The flights are on sat morning.

He said if you don't hear by noon Friday then you won't hear from court.

What should we do.

If I don't go I could potentially losey job

I have asked him to represent me in my absence.

My husband will not go and I will have to leave my daughter. This is so unfair. Is there anything else we can do

It is really about chasing the court
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What's the worst that can happen to me if we all go as family and husband comes back for hearing

Happy to help but this is technically a new question