How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I bought a Suzuki New Vitara from Stoneacre being served by

This answer was rated:

I bought a Suzuki New Vitara from Stoneacre being served by a inexperienced sales person. From the start of the negotiation I said I wanted to keep the 'plates'. When I collected the car my registration was not there and I wrongly assumed the process of getting my cherished plate was in THEIR HANDS. NO. The salesman was emailed as the car went auction and asked was I in need of the Cherished plate. There was no call to clarify and the number was sold on.
I have established that the company have felt they are to blame. To retrieve the plate the new owner is asking over £500 whilst Stonacre are only willing to pay £200 for its return, Regtransfers have valued it at £500. I am willing to add to it since A4BNF stood for A(motorhome) 4(for) Bernard and frankie ( the name of my recently deceased wife)
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the cost of plates within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.