How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother is currently terminally ill in hospital, she is

Customer Question

My mother is currently terminally ill in hospital, she is waiting to be moved into a care home, however social services are trying to place my mother into a home that is not in our local area and miles away from immediate family, this will result in her being completely isolated from her friends, family and local area. The social workers seem resilient to our request to move her closer to our local area. they mentioned that if we want to challenge the move then we need the Power of Attorney. Please advice.

where do we stand legally to prevent the move? my mother is a British citizen and has worked all her life until she was 74 years old. she has no estate, and no savings (she is now 80 years old)

Thank you

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!