ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery

I'm planning to go into candle online selling and would like

I'm planning to go into candle online selling and would like to find out if there are any regulations that this kind of products have to meet to be legally sold in the UK.
If there are please specify what kind and where can I find out about the details.
Thank You
Welcome to Just Answer
The regulations you need to follow are these:
1. BS EN 15493:2007 - Specifications for Candle Safety
2. BS EN 15494:2007 - Specifications for Product Warning Labels
3. BS EN 15426:2007 - Specifications for Sooting Behaviour
More info can be found
Also consider CE
Also consider contacting British Candlemaker Association
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand all that but please tell me if it is a legal requirement to have candles tested to those standards or are they only a good practice guidelines for manufacturers importers etc?

Thank You.

Good Morning Kris
I'm sorry I had a family function yesterday. I am at court today but will be able to respond fully later.
Kind Regards
Hello Kris
I am sorry for my delay in responding to you. Thank you for your patience.
In relation to labelling - this is in force. This web page is quite useful in explaining the procedure:
It is my understanding that the testing is also now required as per the EU regs through british trading standards officers. Which I appreciate isnt what you want to hear given the likely cost of the testing involved.
Perhaps consider joining the British Candle Makers Federation - as they appear to offer support on this issue:
I hope this helps
Kind Regards