How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am lending a huge amount of money to my aunt and uncle and

This answer was rated:

i am lending a huge amount of money to my aunt and uncle and I want this documented for personal reasons.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just want to cover myself and want to know what type of agreement I should draw up. A date has been given when I will receive the money.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
This is a question and answer site - what is it you would like to know please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi AlexI Just want to know what document do I use to put this personal money agreement on as it is a huge amount of money.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really need this information as I have to transfer the money over tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Alex where is your message?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Waste of time - I need this information I will figure it out myself - waste of money.
Do you have a number we can speak on?
Are you able to respond?
Ok. What you can do is this. You need a contract saying who you are, who is he, how much the money is for, what he is going to use it for (if necessary).

Then you need to specify how it will be repaid and if it is for example monthly, if he defaults, does the whole amount become due?

You also need to set out what happens in the event of a breach, ie do you give 7 days to remedy, what happen if things go wrong and that the agreement is governed by the law of England Wales.

If he has property then you could also ask for a charge on that. That would mean the loan is secure and then in the event of default you could force a sale on the house. To do this he would need to consent to a charge and you would need to complete form RX1:

Does that help?