How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Company bought in 2007 with £12000 owed to me from previous

This answer was rated:

Company bought in 2007 with £12000 owed to me from previous owner plus £24000 paid over 2 years.1 share transferred to me.2 other directors appointed beside me but 1 left soon after-now the remaining one says at a meeting in 2007(no minutes) it was agreed they would be issued with a share so company shareholding 1/3;1/3;1/3.I do not recall this and still only 1 share in my name.Has other remaining director got entitlement to be issued with a share so a 50/50 company.
Thank you for your question.
Is there any evidence at all of this agreement apart from the say so of the other director. If he has not put up any cash, I think it's very unlikely that he would be believed. If there is no other evidence, then there is no agreement and therefore no entitlement.
Happy to discuss.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only other evidence would be the say so of the third original director who only stayed for 3 monthsi-there is nothing in writing.Also to clarify the £24000 balance was paid out of the company bank account over 2 years.

Thanks for your response. An agreement to gift shares to another party would normally be In writing at least in minute form. The director concerns has no legal entitlement in my opinion.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you