How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1373
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Whilst my son was ill with cancer a social worker stated that

This answer was rated:

Whilst my son was ill with cancer a social worker stated that my lifestyle was chaotic,i did not interact well with other professionals and that all i wanted to do was go out. all this was stated with no facts just what my expartner had told her. Also putting it in writing to a court these statements affecting my application for joint residence and effecting other social workers views of me.
I am a registered nurse and very used to dealing with other professionals.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please can I ask:
- what type of proceedings were they?
- which relative of yours did they relate to eg child / grandchild?
- what was the outcome of the case?
- what are you looking to do? Challenge the case? Complain about the social worker?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The proceeding was a case for joint residence with my expartner who was refusing me access to my child whilst in hospital and before going into hospital. He was my child my seven year old son. The judge ruled that yes i could have joint residence but taking the social workers comments into consideration and cafcass then as my ex requested i could have my son for three days/nights only. My son passed away from his illness and i want to complain about the social worker and possibly sue her for defamation of my character.
Thank you for your response.
I am very sorry to hear about the circumstances.
There is a set procedure to complain about a social worker which you need to follow.
This procedure for Cardiff is in 3 stages.
1) Write and complain
2) formal investigation
3) complain to ombudsman (need to do within 1 month of stage 2 ending).
I note that the SW worked for Cardiff City Council - this link below details the set process for that area:
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a time limit on putting a complaint in because this happened approx three years ago. Obviously I have been grieving for my son so not in the right frame of mind to think about this until now.
Good Morning
Thank you for your response.
From 1 August 2014, a complaint must be made within 12 months of either:
the date the matter which is the subject of a complaint occurred, or
if it was later, the date on which the complainant became aware of the matter.
The time limit will not apply if the LA is satisfied that there are good reasons for a complaint not being made within the time limit and, despite the delay, it is still possible to investigate the complaint effectively and fairly.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you