How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I gifted my spouse a deposit mortgage when we where planning

Customer Question

I gifted my spouse a deposit for a mortgage when we where planning to separate. Now we have decided to get back together, we are worried because the gift letter stated that the gift giver cannot reside in the property. What can we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Was this letter given to the mortgage company ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was addressed to the law firm that dealt with the mortgage

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

You may write another letter to the law firm saying that the situation has changed and that you the gift giver will be residing at the property.

The mortgage company may accept the change of events and do nothing or it may insist that you get on the mortgage as well.

Hope this helps