How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have had a kitchen fitted its only 4 base units it has

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have had a kitchen fitted its only 4 base units it has been a month now and they are still telling me they will ring and arrange to come and sort out just a few of the problems but also want more cash from me, I need help.
Alan rose
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why do they want more cash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

first I must tell you that the unit is to big by 100mm due to it being measured wrong, but it is damaged and needs replacing so they are saying to take it out and cut it down is a costly job and though they have made a mistake are saying that I had made a mistake when the designer came to measure up and so I would be expected to contribute to the cost.

There are other issues that they are avoiding.

Ok, but why do they want more cash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when I spoke to them last I was told that the unit would have to come out and be cut down and the worktops would have to be taken off and the cost would be about £300 and I was told as it was part my fault it would cost me £100

Was it part your fault?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no if it was I would hold my hands up, and wouldn't have gone out and bought integrated fridge and freezer that wont fit now because the spaces left are to sall

Ok, do you know the cost of fixing and putting right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no idea how much it will cost to put everything right

You need to get a number of quotes for getting it put right, this is your loss and you pick the lowest one.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

should I ring and tell them what I intend to do

No, write.
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.