Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

If a witness on oath lies in court to favour a friend financially

Customer Question

if a witness on oath lies in court to favour a friend financially and after 5 years after court hearing has finished he wants to admit his wrongdoing of perjury,is it too late to do so.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
It rather depends upon the question of it being too late? for what exactly? An admission of perjury will still be considered to be very important and serious and it is a matter where someone has gained an advantage that the police should still investigate. Please rate positive.
It is not too late to make admissions. Whether anybody will listen at this stage depends.
However, perjury is not subject to time barring and so the risk is that a prosecution could follow. There have been many prosecutions for stale offences of perjury.

I am delighted to see that my colleague has agreed with me in this matter. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate.