How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33530
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have had a kitchen fitted the price included the kitchen

This answer was rated:

I have had a kitchen fitted the price included the kitchen and installation. It is currently unfinished as I stopped the work as I was unhappy with the standard of both the units and the installation. Company has been very unhelpful, not answering emails, not returning calls which has meant long delay in resolving issues. I have now lost confidence in them resolving situation in reasonable amount of time and I also feel I have been mis sold product due to promises made on website and by salesman which have not materialized am I within my rights to reject the kitchen and demand a full refund. Work commenced on 8th sept so still in 30 days period
On this basis you should write a formal letter to the company setting out the basis of your complaint and inviting them either to make good or return to you your money. You should be very clear that you propose giving them a certain number of days to resolve the issue (perhaps either 14 or 21) where upon you will issue court proceedings (www, for the recovery of the money owed - this can be for the basis either of misrepresentation or breach of contract. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think they will say they will put things right but I know by now that this will take a long time and I will have to keep chasing them. Also I am not confident in their ability to do the work right and also I am not happy with standard of units compared to the price we paid. If they say they will put it right can I refuse and go for refund
You should allow them the opportunity to put right first - the court will expect you to have given them the opportunity. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also bearing in mind I have had no work tops of cooking facilities since 8th sept
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I feel I have given them the opportunity already by emailing, ringing them and going in store to discuss but they don't get back to me
This is why it is so important to give them an end date to do the work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think it is reasonable to only give them a very short period of time to organize a start date for work as I am without a kitchen and also as I first complained on the 20th sept. So they have had two weeks already to respond and come and have look. They only eventually came and looked yesterday and said someone would get back to me the same day but no one has
yes but it has to be a reasonable period - I would say no less than 2 weeks. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you