How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have had a letter from Urbanpoint Property Management Limited

This answer was rated:

I have had a letter from Urbanpoint Property Management Limited . They have explained they are now acting on behave of G&O Estates limited. They hold the lease on the land my house is built on. They say they want to know if I have done any alterations to the property, plus an upto date insurance policy. They want to know how much the house is insured for. When I bought thus house I was not asked any of this. I have owned the house since 1989 and do I have to give them all this information.
Kind regards
Liz Jack
Hello Liz my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Does the lease say you have to give them all this information please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The letter from the new management says so. I don't understand why they want these personal details.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does that mean I have to pay an additional £30 odd pound to what I have just paid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't seem to be getting the hang of this. Can you please give me an answer or can I cancel the £38 I have just paid
No. Its a one off fee.
Does your lease say you need to give this information? Can you check?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The form they sent me is a leaseholder information from.
Yes but if you check your lease - does it say you have to provide this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't got a lease as I have had this house since 1989 and wouldn't be able to find it now. They just say they want to update their records.
Ok. You or your Solicitor must have the lease. That is because you have had it to do a transfer. You need to check that document. If it says you must provide the information when requested then you must. If it does not say you need to provide it then you dont.
In any event they are responsible for any buildings insurance (you contents), so it makes no difference in reality whether you are insured or not. Either the responsibility is theirs or yours.
But you need to check the lease, the question as to whether or not you need to provide it is in there.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One more thing as I have paid my mortgage and have the deeds will it be in there.
It should be. But there will be a lease document. That is what you need.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes thank you, ***** ***** have to try and find it.
If you can't you should be able to get it online, although there will be a charge at:
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you